MRSA Infection Caught from a Borrowed Makeup Brush Left Woman Paralyzed

Admin | Published 2016-11-04 13:06

Who would've thought that a non-threatening makeup brush could place this woman in a wheelchair and had her paralyzed from the feet up?

Women should think twice before borrowing any items that they can put on their skin, even if it's from a close friend. A 27-year old young mother from Brisbane, Australia damaged her spine after catching a staph infection. MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is the particular staph infection that attacked the young mother's spine. [caption id="attachment_67635" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Photo: Facebook[/caption] She traced that the infection may have come from a friend's makeup brush that she borrowed. She was able to confirm that her friend indeed had a staph infection on her face before. The microbes may have entered her system through a pimple on her face. She never thought this would happen to her. She had no qualms about borrowing makeup items from other people before.     Despite being told that she could never walk again, Jo Gilchrist managed through hard work and self-determination to regain her ability to walk. According to her, she was able to put herself to climb rocks and sand dunes. Just recently she joined in with Silver Linings Project to help empower and celebrate with women who overcome mental illness and disabilities. Source: medicaldaily.com
Hey! Where are you going?? Subscribe!

Get weekly science updates in your inbox!